“All God's children need traveling shoes.”

“All God's children need traveling shoes.”

Wednesday, June 29

Our Kind of Perfect!

So... evidently I suck at blogging! I get way behind even after I JUST started my blog. oh well! So our car was stolen.... story to be continued... NOW! That night, we spent a good part of the night in the hotel lobby speaking with officers and hotel management. Our car was stolen and all we got were complimentary waters (my mother later called and made them reimburse us for our room because there security was low causing our car to be stolen. The Security guard was on break and left the front unattended)
We finally made it up to our room and lay ed in bed the whole night tossing and turning. neither of us could sleep. I was sick to my stomach and so worried we would not be able to go on our cruise, because Zach's passport was in the car. at about 3:30 in the morning we went down to the lobby of the hotel and got online and found as long as Zach had his birth certificate we would still be able to go on the cruise! yay! we were supposed to leave the hotel at 8 in order to make it to the airport to catch our flight. But we had to leave a little earlier because we had to make a Wal Mart trip to buy Zach a whole new wardrobe for the trip! yikes!!! it was a nightmare!
We were both so worried that this would ruin our honeymoon but we ended up making a game of it. The whole cruise we were betting on when our Car would actually show up, or IF our car would actually show up!! (showed up on day 5 of cruise, i totally won the bet)
Our honeymoon... We went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise. It was amazing!! We left out of Miami, visited Haiti, Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. It was beautiful, romantic, relaxing!! everything a honeymoon should be. Free room service, lay out on the beach, spas, 5 star dinners every night! Best trip ever!
After returning home We lived with my mom, in her laundry room, while we looked for a house! We bought a really cute (run down, disgusting) house!! it smelled terrible, had extremely nasty carpet, painting of scooby doo and stain glass windows on the walls! it was horrible, after MUCH hard work, a little bit of money, and 5 million sponges, we have turned it into our dream home. We still have a little work to do (redo the floor in the kitchen/dining room, finish the trim, etc) but we have made a lot of progress. It is so fun having my own home. I have always wanted a fire place and a window seat, I got both! It is beautiful and the neighborhood is perfect. We moved in 24 days before Zoee was born!! We were so lucky to get this house and get in before she came to us! Zoee Danielle Orr (named after her uncle Jake Daniel Neilson) was born on Oct. 31st 2010. Our Halloween baby! I went into labor a few hours after trick or treating on Sat night with my niece and nephews (since Halloween was on a Sunday last year) She was perfect! 7 pounds 8 ounces.. 20 inches long! Love of my life! I could not take my eyes off of her and still can't! I love the family that Zach and I have created! We just celebrated our 1year anniversary. Our life is simple, we both work, We don't get to shop like we used to or buy big toys like boats and bikes, etc. and Zach has to fix his x box every time it stops working instead of buying a new one, but it's our life! and we love it!! We have a very good marriage and love our family! ZWZ! Just the three of us for now... It's our kind of perfect :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! this last year has been a big one for you guys! See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete