“All God's children need traveling shoes.”

“All God's children need traveling shoes.”

Wednesday, May 4

Where have I been??

So I understand blogging is the new thing! So where have I been? I have been trapped in a little bubble known as Newlywed and New mother! No time to blog!!!
So I guess i'll just catch everyone up on the last year of my life! As of May 21st.... (17 days away) Zach and Ii will have been married one year! and we have a beautiful baby that is now 6 months old! (no need to do the math, we know!)
I guess we will start with the wedding today, tomorrow i'll cath you all up on everything after that!
Like I said, we were hitched on May 21st at Millenial Falls in Draper Utah. It was a beautiful wedding! Yummy desserts, lot's of dancing, my amazing friends and family... and.... the morning sickness... I was 4 months pregnant when we got married (we were totally engaged before I found out we were pregnant, she was not the cause of our marriage.... haha!) I was sick the whole day and very grumpy, none the less, it was an AMAZING day!!! My dress fit... barely... but it did, prior to the wedding I would make my sisters help me get into it every day and I would cry because every day it was a little bit smaller!!! It was traumatizing.... luckily I made it!!! And my tummy popped out during the honey moon... must have been all the delicious food!!! So .... wedding is over!! We drove into the night in our carriage drawn by white  horses (our dirty eclipse that noone bothered to decorate) and into the Wendy's drive way! we pulled up, Zach in his tux, me in my big poofy white dress, and ordered 2 double stacks, a jr. bacon cheeseburger, and a spicy chicken go wrap with extra honey mustard, and a large diet coke, with extra ice... our usual! then we went to my mothers house. (where we would be living in her laundry room for the next 5 months) We changed and I packed, yes, I waited till after the wedding to pack for the honeymoon, we then drove to WalMart and got batteries for our camera! we went to our hotel and pulled up in the valet parking thing in front of the hotel... being past midnight noone was there to take our car, we were just pulling up to unload the luggage and check in. So Zach, being the gentlman he is, took all my luggage out, wheeled it onto the curb and handed me his wallett and asked me to go check us in, he was going to go park the car and get his luggage and the rest of our things and meet me inside. I start walking into the hotel and I hear Zach screaming at someone, I turn around and see my husband running down the street, I soon notice he is chasing our car!!! Some guy jumped in our car and took off with it while we were ten feet away from it, news flash DO NOT LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE IGNITION NO MATTER WHAT!!! We had gifts from the wedding in our car, all the envelopes with money in them, Zach's luggage...etc!!! It may have been the worst night ever, my stomach felt like it was on a permanent roller coaster and I couldn't get off!! There we were... on our wedding night... standing in front of our sub par hotel staring blindly down the street in which we just watched our car drive down....

5 comments:

  1. That is such a sad wedding night story! but it's a fun read . . can't wait to see what you say tomorrow. (I'm LP_pink88 by the way ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story Whit! Cant wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awful!! :( I was so scared you guys weren't going to be able to go on your trip. I'm glad it all worked out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Whit!!!!!!!!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you guys got Wendy's after your wedding! Why didn't we think of that?
    But, OH. MY. GOSH. I can't believe they stole your car, gifts, AND money! That is so so awful!! I'm so sorry.
    Oh well, you're husband's awesome and you're baby is one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete